MarketPlace takes a “strategy first” approach in all we do. And we believe an effective strategy is rooted in meaningful data, informed insights, and actionable intelligence. For this reason, our Research Strategist is a key contributor across projects of all kinds—setting the foundation for Brand Strategy Development, informing Packaging Design, creating White Papers, and more.
At MarketPlace, the Research Strategist sources, analyzes, and makes meaningful connections between statistically significant data and business objectives, informing brand development initiatives and creative tactics.
More specifically, the Research Strategist will:
- Execute research projects, including, but not limited to
- Exploration, awareness, application, and recommendation of beneficial research resources and techniques
- Writing and analyzing the results of industry and consumer surveys to obtain statistically sound data and inform brand and business development recommendations
- Applying industry knowledge and research expertise to make relevant connections/deductions and communicate them effectively to clients
- Deliver the results of research projects in writing and presentation
- Conduct research, write, and present Situation Analyses to internal and external teams
- Conduct research for and write white papers and other technical marketing materials
- Support and collaborate with Brand Strategists, Writers, and Art Directors as needed in a research and/or writing capacity
- Conduct or contribute to research as it pertains to MarketPlace needs (new business opportunities, new business pitches, business growth investment opportunities)
- Conduct trend research as it applies to the food and pet industries to be shared in the form of blog posts, infographics, and team briefings
- Contribute to collaborative projects as needed
- Take ownership of Company research offerings, processes, and resources
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience and be available for full-time, on-site employment in our sunny St. Louis office. Please submit your resume and a thoughtful, well-written cover letter to be considered for this position. Worth noting, we welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds, including sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts.
No relo. No third-party candidates. No drama!