MarketPlace is a 17-year-old branding and strategy company. A focused partner to food and beverage, pet and animal, and health and wellness brands and businesses, we define strategies, develop brands, and nurture relationships, giving meaning to marketing and cultivating success.
Due to several years of sustained growth, we’re ready to bring on a dedicated HR professional. Though the exact duties are still being defined (we always prefer to shape a position around the person), we know that we’re looking for a candidate who can bring HR experience (including recruiting and hiring), organization, adaptability, and people skills to our team but would also enjoy the flexibility of a part-time position. Because of our current size (21), we don’t yet require a full-time HR role, particularly given the contributions of our dedicated Office Manager and Project Manager, but we do believe that this part-time HR position has the potential to become full time as we grow, should that be of interest to the person we bring on.
Though we’re open to learning from you more about what we need, we believe that we would benefit most from someone with an understanding of (and, ideally, experience with) the processes and products that make a creative agency run. As we grow, we learn more about ourselves, which includes bumping unexpectedly into new challenges, not only creatively but also administratively, and we’re looking to you to be a part of managing these challenges, sometimes working alongside management, sometimes working alongside our talented creatives.
This work would happen on-site in our office in the St. Louis Hills area (near Ted Drewes), where we’re pet friendly, full of natural light, and overflowing with really good coffee and teas.
- Manage recruiting and interviewing process, including employment listings (such as this one), coordination of interviews, in-house assessment processes, and preparation of related documentation.
- Advise management regarding employee relations issues and agency policies.
- Coordinate with Office Manager to administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, 401K, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Help onboard new employees, including conducting new employee orientation.
- Administer Predictive Index behavioral assessment program as part of recruiting process.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure that policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Prepare HR notices, including promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations, and related documentation.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Prepare budget of human resources operations.
- Manage HR related tools / systems as necessary.
- Other duties as defined and assigned (see description above!).