MarketPlace is a greatly respected team of brand strategists and designers in the food, nutrition, and wellness markets for people and pets. As an independent, privately held agency for over 20 years, we’ve enjoyed partnering with clients all over the world, developing a culture that boasts high creativity and collaboration to deliver exemplary results. We’re currently looking for a Sr. Art Director to join our established and highly effective design group.
Primary Job Functions
- Develop and execute on all types of projects: brand campaigns, packaging, digital ads, website design, sales materials, trade show booths, etc.
- Work closely with Group Creative Director, copywriters, strategists, developers, and other departments to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Create and then present creative concepts internally and to clients.
- Comfortably move among channels and formats, from Amazon web store to motion graphic to environmental design.
- Stay on top of trends in design (e.g. typography, photography, video, UI/UX design, motion graphics, social media) as relevant.
Keys To Success
- Cares deeply about and takes personal responsibility for creative output
- Self-motivated, growth mindset, embraces change, obsessed with design, always wanting to grow skills, always learning, loves group collaboration, humble and open
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to teammates as an avenue for positive growth (and be able to accept the same)
- Eager to understand the industries we serve and the common audiences we speak to (B2B and B2C) in order to apply that understanding to design
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Strong experience (probably looks like 7-10+ years) designing creative concepts and materials
- Understanding of the moving pieces inherent in working as part a design team within a larger setting
- Willing to jump in and help out when things get a bit busy or to hit a quick turn deadline
A Bit About MarketPlace
MarketPlace is a team of talented, brilliant high-achievers who help B2B and B2C brands launch new products, new business units, and new or revitalized brands with full-service strategy and creative capabilities.
Brands we serve include:
- B2B food and beverage ingredient companies
- B2B supplement ingredient companies and brands
- CPG pet nutrition and lifestyle brands
- CPG supplement brands
- CPG brands prior to commercialization (you’ll have the opportunity to influence the brand strategy for new products coming to market to ensure the greatest chance of success)
Hopefully all that sounds enticing enough, but we also add the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck, and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please have a look around our website and make sure that we’re a good fit for you, which is obviously pretty important. If everything sounds appealing to you, then click the Apply link below.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relocation available. No third-party candidates.