For almost 20 years, MarketPlace, a business, brand, and creative strategy company, has partnered with companies all over the world in the Health + Wellness, Food + Beverage, and Pet + Animal industries. Our value proposition is to cultivate meaningful nutrition and lifestyle brands for people and pets.
MarketPlace seeks an experienced brand strategist and marketing professional, someone with at least 10 years of relevant, professional experience, who can wield a pen/keyboard in our open, sunny, dog-loving St. Louis office.
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
We need someone with a minimum of ten years of professional experience with some combination of the following responsibilities:
- Communicate & collaborate with clients at leadership/executive level on new projects, marketing/branding strategy, and maintenance/measurements.
- Lead the development of strong client relationships and create a culture to foster long-term client partnerships.
- Partner with internal creative staff and client staff (R&D, sales, etc.) to develop and launch commercial strategy and branding efforts.
- Develop premium brand and product positioning strategies incorporating supporting marketing programs and promotion strategies.
- Research and analyze clients’ products/services, capabilities, competition, etc. to develop strategic marketing plan/tactics for their businesses.
- Perform/coordinate/analyze research in conjunction with internal team on behalf of clients. Compile recommendations and strategy based on research.
- Develop both consumer and B2B-focused content/communications across various electronic and print media (websites, online/print advertisements, client presentations, press releases, social media, white papers, etc.).
- Collaborate with media and assist in the organization and management of media-related materials.
- Work in a project management system to view, track or complete project tasks (time tracking, project scheduling, resource allocation, client notes, meeting sheets, etc.).
- Deliver on brand positioning guides and contribute strategically to white papers, website content, research reports, and other written deliverables.
This position is crucial to our success at MarketPlace. You’ll be spending the majority of your time connecting, driving, reading, researching, planning, organizing, and facilitating. You’ll spend some of your time writing (both “creative” and guidance for your creative colleagues to inform their development of brand identities, ads, videos, websites, content, etc.) You’ll be counted on to think critically. You’ll be communicating directly with key account contacts and your MarketPlace colleagues.
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open. Please send application materials to email@example.com. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.
Hopefully working with and around food is benefit enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Office pets!
- Ample natural light
- Unreasonably good coffee
- Rooftop deck overlooking donut store
- Health (including dental and vision)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Casual attire, regular business hours
No relo. No third-party candidates. Local candidates only.