About the Job
MarketPlace is a brand strategy and activation company that focuses on bettering the lives of people and pets. MarketPlace is seeking an experienced Resource Manager with an eye for detail and planning and who builds strong relationships and employs an empathetic communication style. You have responsibility for the high-level view of how our hardworking staff are assigned to projects and reviewing capacity now and into the future. You will meet with account teams for project status reviews and spend time in our project management system to identify trends and recognize potential strains.
- Manage staff allocation, resource availability, and the global project schedule through the agency’s project management system (Workamajig).
- Assign projects / tasks to resources as informed by directors and leaders; provide project management timelines and updates to internal and external teams.
- Maintain effective communications with agency teams to understand utilization, capacity, schedule changes, and upcoming resource availability.
- Hold regular status meetings to proactively keep teams informed of relevant project milestones, changes, and deadlines, as well as upcoming projects.
- Continuous update and review of agency-wide traffic documents to determine short- and long-range capacity planning.
- Provide resource forecasts to leadership including under/over utilization, new business pipeline allocation and resources needed to execute.
- Collaborate with internal teams and leaders on process improvement and staffing forecasts.
- Support agency operational goals through improving, maintaining, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance on project activations, changes, and closes, as well as billing status.
- Maintain documentation and end-user training for project management-related tasks and systems.
- Responsible and accountable for managing project details with precision.
- 2-4 years of professional traffic/resource/schedule management experience, preferably in a marketing, advertising, or creative agency, or in a consulting setting.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, and allocate resources.
- Experience with Workamajig or other project management system is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative.
- Seeks results and is willing to be diplomatic or firm as necessary to deliver upon objectives.
- Applicants with PMP certification, a strong plus.
- Applicants with proposal writing experience, preferred, but not required.
A Bit About Us
Hopefully working with and around food is benefit enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
- Hybrid work schedule, currently 3 days in office and 2 days at home (subject to change)
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open, so click the Apply link below if you are qualified and interested. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.
No relo. No third-party candidates.