MarketPlace is a branding strategy and activation company focused on the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal and Health + Wellness industries. MarketPlace seeks an experienced professional that can bring solid accounting and office management skills to our organization. This role has responsibility for all accounting and finance matters with an emphasis on reporting, accounting reconciliation, billing management and accounting systems. They will handle month-end closings, AP/AR, budget prep, and financial consolidations; provide advice through the review of accounting and financial data; meet corporate reporting requirements; and manage third party vendors.
- Management of Financial, Accounting, and Expense related systems
- Responsible for accounting GL system—AR and AP
- Responsible for monthly close
- Responsible for continued improvement of accounting processes and controls
- Billing: Client invoicing, reporting, tracking, reconciliation against budget and pipeline
- Accounting: Receipts, payments, credit card reconciliation, reporting,
- Coordination with external resources – CFO, accounting firm, payroll company, 401(k) administrator
- Banking: Account reconciliation, filings, reports, communications, etc.
- Tax preparations: Coordinate with tax accounting firm, reports, documentation, communications
- Update and maintain staff payroll information in 3rd party payroll system
- Coordination with outside accounting firm and CFO on financials and performance
- Contribution to annual budget development
- Vendor relationship and services management (cleaning, recycling, maintenance)
- Coordinate with internal staff and outside customer contacts on billing / invoicing requirements and status
- Software licensing: Tracking, billing, renewals, assignment, agreement filing, etc.
- Coordinate & maintain company business registrations (city, state, federal filings, licenses, etc.)
- Insurance management: Coordination, documentation, review for umbrella insurance, worker’s compensation, healthcare, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Coordinate with directors and owners on financial reporting and planning
- Help prepare budgets, forecasts and costs
- Strong accounting expertise (billing, payments, documentation, etc.)
- Proficiency with accounting and financial software systems – QuickBooks knowledge a plus
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
- Experience with Workamajig or other project accounting system is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and collaborative
- Development of standards and managing process implementation and adherence
- Ability to review and analyze data and recognize trends or errors
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 7-10 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Professional services agency experience is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Degree in Accounting or related field OR requisite hands-on experience
A Bit About MarketPlace
MarketPlace is a team of talented, brilliant high-achievers who help B2B and B2C brands launch new products, new business units, and new or revitalized brands with full-service strategy and creative capabilities.
Brands we serve include:
- B2B food and beverage ingredient companies
- B2B supplement ingredient companies and brands
- CPG pet nutrition and lifestyle brands
- CPG supplement brands
- CPG brands prior to commercialization
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office pups (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please have a look around our website and make sure that we’re a good fit for you, which is obviously pretty important. If you like what you see there and in the job posting, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and make sure to put your name and the position in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relocation. No third-party candidates.