We’re looking to add to our team a Group Strategy Director who will lead their team in delivering fresh and innovative brand strategy.
For almost 20 years, MarketPlace, a business, brand, and creative strategy company, has partnered with companies all over the world in the Health + Wellness, Food + Beverage, and Pet + Animal industries. Our value proposition is to cultivate meaningful nutrition and lifestyle brands for people and pets.
MarketPlace seeks an experienced strategist and team leader for the role of Group Strategy Director (GSD) who will be responsible for motivating their team for the delivery of breakthrough brand strategies. They will be responsible for the management and development of an increasingly diversified Strategy team and will play a visible role in client growth efforts – both organic and new business. The GSD will work across services to foster collaborative relationships to ensure seamless strategic implementation. They will also be tasked with keeping the organization’s strategic approach fresh and innovative.
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
We need someone with 15+ years of professional experience that displays a strong combination of the following responsibilities:
- Management, leadership, and development of the MarketPlace Strategy team, including actionable strategy for diversifying team.
- Oversight for project schedules and budgets in coordination with Brand Strategists and Account Managers.
- Develop a delegation and resource plan to feed opportunities to the team.
- Mentor junior talent on the team as we grow verticals and capabilities.
- Identify knowledge gaps and develop team members to play to strengths.
- Work to understand current projects and new business pipeline projections to determine individual workloads and align staff capacity and utilization to resource planning and hiring.
- Communicate a compelling vision and strategic plan for the department that meets agency goals.
- Analyze short and long-term goals and determine Strategy team objectives; identify necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives, including training and development.
- Identify and assign available resources to complete work more profitably.
- Contribute to MarketPlace growth initiatives as defined by Management.
- Lead the development and incubation of new business opportunities within existing accounts.
- Use data and inputs of all forms to develop sound new or expanded business proposals and scopes of work.
- Actively participate in the pitch process, representing the Strategy team.
- Lead cross-department strategic collaboration with creative, naming, and media teams.
- Consistently review, modify, and adapt existing brand strategy practices where appropriate.
- Innovate, develop, and implement new strategy offerings to solve complex client challenges across company verticals.
- Assist in expanding the organizational research offering to fill data gaps and inform client strategy.
- Challenge the Strategy team to think differently and help them understand how to transform the client’s business.
- Strategic planning
- Proven team leadership and development skills.
- Experience with Workamajig or other project management systems is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize industry trends and apply them to the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- 15+ years relevant experience, with at least 10 years within agency environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading client brand strategy development, innovative thinking, and proposal development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field – MBA a plus.
Hopefully working with and around food is benefit enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Hybrid work week (4 office + 1 home)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open! Please click the Apply link below if you are qualified and interested. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.
No relo. No third-party candidates. Local candidates only.