MarketPlace is a design-led strategy and creative group founded in 2002. A smart, tight-knit, hard-working team of designers, strategists, and writers, we partner with CPG and B2B brands in Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness. We lead strategy sessions. We develop brand identities, websites, ads, trade show experiences, and other strategic creative. We create campaigns, presentations, and sales tools. We produce retail packaging and do custom, in-house photography and videography.
To help us better serve our partners and continue our growth, we’re looking for a Graphic Designer and all-around decent person with a caboodle (that’s a quantity, right?) of professional experience designing some combination of digital and print, packaging, environmental, and/or other media for clients. They will partner with colleagues on the Creative team daily to both develop and extend design through to print-ready, publication-ready, trade-show-booth-graphic-ready, social-media-ready, and other-ready files. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with the desire to work collaboratively but with the ability to work independently and help see things through with precision.
Primary Job Functions
- Execute graphic design and some production for digital and print communications, packaging, and marketing programs.
- Support the development and design of high visibility presentations (PowerPoint and InDesign).
- Continue to grow as an artist and engage in continual learning
- Keep up with current design trends
- Ensure adherence to brand standards across all projects and deliverables
Keys To Success
- Ability to connect marketing theory to graphic design.
- Collaborative team member who seeks to understand and then deliver.
- An appreciation of layout and design and typography and a good understanding of design fundamentals.
- Ability to absorb feedback and make appropriate adjustment to design development.
- Project administration tasks (use of time tracking software, project management system, client notes, meeting sheets, etc.).
- Ability to think critically and create solutions for client projects.
- Ability to understand and interpret a creative brief accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related degree preferred.
- 3 years full time work experience in a design related environment, with some experience in an agency environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and MS Office products, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Thoughtful concept development and graphic art design.
A Bit About MarketPlace
MarketPlace is a team of talented, brilliant high-achievers who help B2B and B2C brands launch new products, new business units, and new or revitalized brands with full-service strategy and creative capabilities.
Brands we serve include:
- B2B food and beverage ingredient companies
- B2B supplement ingredient companies and brands
- CPG pet nutrition and lifestyle brands
- CPG supplement brands
- CPG brands prior to commercialization
Hopefully all that sounds enticing enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open, so click Apply if you are qualified and interested. Make sure to include a portfolio link or work samples for us to review. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.
No relocation available. No third-party candidates.