MarketPlace is a brand and creative strategy company focused on the Health + Wellness, Food + Beverage, and Pet + Animal industries. MarketPlace seeks a leader with demonstrated experience in defining operational processes and nurturing and identifying talent for growth. The Director of Service Operations & HR will focus on growth-oriented organizational design and talent recruitment/retention, resulting in positive employee and customer experiences.
Candidates must have experience working for a professional services company or creative agency to be considered.
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies launch new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
You are an intelligent, curious, and super-organized operator who can bounce from strategic thinking and planning to heads-down, get-it-done execution. You’re analytical, you support your ideas with well considered plans and supportive data, and you’re able to distill complex information into digestible and actionable bites. You know how to build and present a business case. You can be productive not just independently but also through direct or indirect leadership. You are an expert at root cause analysis and are comfortable having tactful and encouraging interactions with others to help achieve results. You’re capable of identifying resources that may be needed to support the business and working to integrate those resources. You are a glass-half-full, self-starting contributor to company culture who sees the value in company values. You are a leader with passion, drive, and aptitude that can bring to the team creativity, a strategic mind, and a proven track record of growing business.
- Generate operational budget with guidance from company Owners
- Activate and implement new corporate initiatives or programs
- Measure operational goals against new client wins, proposals won/lost, company utilization rate, project hours efficiency, and other performance indicators
- Identify areas for improvement in scoping / pricing projects, workflow process, efficiency, talent utilization, and overall organization in conjunction with company Directors
- Implement processes and procedures with staff to streamline development, increase efficiency, and maintain profitable, on-time delivery
- Contribute to direction and application of Project Management System and Timekeeping System in conjunction with Sr. Account Project Manager
- Consult with Office Manager on key metrics (pipeline, budgets, expenses, utilization)
- Manage internal and external legal documents with CEO and outside legal counsel (MP Corporate, client, employee, vendor, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationship and services (contractors, services, and other resources)
- Coordinate IT vendor (resource needs, new employee set-up, etc.)
- Oversee equipment tracking & software licensing (tracking, billing, renewals, assignment, agreement filing, etc.)
- Coordinate office space maintenance (CEO / landlord, contractors)
- Maintain and organize business records and filings
- Advise management regarding employee relations and agency policies, organizational design, and management guidelines
- Develop goal-based review process and compensation budget / incentives in cooperation with Ownership and Directors
- Partner with Ownership and department Directors to infuse MP branding and culture into HR initiatives
- Manage all aspects of recruiting and interviewing process, including employment ads, interviews, assessments, and preparation related documentation with support of Office Manager
- Coordinate with Office Manager / CEO to administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, 401K, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Update and maintain staff payroll information and documentation
- Organize and conduct employee onboarding as well as position modifications and off-boarding
- Administer Predictive Index behavioral assessment program as part of recruiting process and employee relationship management
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- In conjunction with CEO / Office Manager, prepare HR notices, including promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations, and related documentation
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Manage HR related tools, systems, and partnerships, as necessary
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of 7 years of service operations management or related experience for a professional services company or creative agency
- Minimum of 5 years of direct staff management for a professional services company or creative agency
- SHRM, PMP, or other relevant certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please have a look around our website and make sure that we’re a good fit for you, which is obviously pretty important. Please provide samples where relevant, your resume and, if possible, a cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relo. No third-party candidates.