We’re looking for a Creative Director to join our established and highly effective design group.
MarketPlace is a design-led strategy and creative group founded in 2002. A smart, tight-knit, hard-working team of designers, strategists, and writers, we partner with CPG and B2B brands in Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness. We lead strategy sessions. We develop brand identities, websites, ads, trade show experiences, and other strategic creative. We create campaigns, presentations, and sales tools. We produce retail packaging and do custom, in-house photography and videography.
To help us better serve our partners and continue our growth, we’re looking for a progressive Creative Director and all-around delightful human being with a caboodle (that’s a quantity, right?) of high-level, professional experience guiding creative output. This is a key role for MarketPlace’s success, and it requires a steady, thoughtful individual who can partner with the Group Creative Director to assist in curating our visual aesthetic and in setting direction for our company’s design offering.
Primary Job Functions
- Develop and execute on all types of projects, such as packaging, website design, identity development, and environmental design.
- Create and present creative concepts (from the why to the how) to clients, soliciting feedback and collaboration with clients and internal teams.
- Manage your projects, budgets, time, and communications.
- Help keep our design group current on design trends, including UX, typography, motion design, social content, and photography, as applicable (we know one person won’t do this all!)
- Translate complex strategic approaches into easily accessible creative concepts.
Creative Team Support
- Collaborate with the GCD to direct the creative group so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals and brand of MarketPlace.
- Help guide the activities of junior creative team members to maintain standards of creative excellence, visual consistency, technical ability, timeliness, and productivity.
- Work with the GCD, strategy team, and project management team to understand creative resource utilization and capacity, current project timelines, and schedule of upcoming project resource needs.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities to work across agency departments and cultivate a collaborative environment.
- Participate in the presenting and selling of creative ideas in the new business pitch process.
- Offer input into agency pricing models with regard to creative elements.
Keys To Success
- Ability to concept big while remaining centered by the realities of clients, timing, and budgets.
- An insistence on the inseparability of creative and strategic thinking.
- Ability to manage and track project budgets, deliverables, and timelines.
- Effective interpersonal skills, specifically lending to mentoring, coaching, and inspiring colleagues.
- Ability to manage both internal employees and multiple clients simultaneously.
- A specific, often intuitive ability to process client feedback without ego and come back with something even better.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related degree preferred.
- 6+ years of full time work experience with progressive responsibilities in a design studio or professional agency
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and proficiency with MS Office products, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Deep experience leading integrated marketing projects, including creative strategy, identity, photo and video, and web.
A Bit About MarketPlace
MarketPlace is a team of talented, brilliant high-achievers who help B2B and B2C brands launch new products, new business units, and new or revitalized brands with full-service strategy and creative capabilities.
Brands we serve include:
- B2B food and beverage ingredient companies
- B2B supplement ingredient companies and brands
- CPG pet nutrition and lifestyle brands
- CPG supplement brands
- CPG brands prior to commercialization
Hopefully all that sounds enticing enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please spend some time on our website (market-pl.com) and make sure that you have a good sense of who we are and what we do. If you’re reading this, the position is open, so click Apply if you are qualified and interested. Make sure to include a portfolio link or work samples for us to review. We can’t respond to all applicants, but we have a good sense of what/whom we’re looking for, so if we think you’re a good fit based on your application materials, we’ll certainly be in touch.
No relocation available. No third-party candidates.