For almost 20 years, MarketPlace, a business, brand, and creative strategy company, has partnered with companies all over the world in the Health + Wellness, Food + Beverage, and Pet + Animal industries. Our value proposition is to cultivate meaningful nutrition and lifestyle brands for people and pets.
The Business Development Executive leads sales growth, primarily through identifying and developing new customer relationships. You enjoy focusing on new business and seek to meet or exceed MarketPlace’s business and growth goals. You are excited about the industries we serve (food + beverage, pet + animal and health + wellness) and continually research and develop strategic knowledge in order to effectively communicate with MarketPlace’s current and target customers. The Business Development Executive develops and manages leads, the opportunity pipeline, sales conversions and contributes to customer experiences from onboarding through growth.
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
You are highly motivated by prospecting, sales and relationship development and have multiple sales and growth success stories to share. You’re entrepreneurial, intelligent, curious and have a passion for engaging people and building relationships. You can bounce from networking to strategic thinking and planning to heads-down, get-it-done presentation and proposal development. You have the best active listening and critical thinking skills and have a knack for uncovering needs, both expressed and unexpressed. You practice confidentiality and have excellent written and verbal communication. You’re driven by collaboration yet individually resourceful. You are left- and right-brained, seeking business and creative harmony that results in new business.
You love pitching and are motivated by turning opportunities into sales, and are tenacious in that pursuit. You know how to build and present a business case and are both predictive and grounded with your strategies. You are not afraid of challenges and risk; in fact, you thrive on assembling out-of-the-box business and creative strategies that offer results-driven opportunities and solutions. You excel in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
You will create a new business culture focused on growth and you will leverage the skills of the MarketPlace team to garner wins. You are a glass-half-full, self-starting contributor to a company culture built upon DNA of caring, capability of humble confidence. You lead with passion, drive, and aptitude and can bring to the team creativity, a strategic mind, and a proven track record of networking and sales growth. You know our industries or will make it a priority to know them through self-study and immersion. You love dogs, cats, or both, as a shared love of pets is part of our, and our pet + animal customers’, culture.
New Business Development
- Develop and drive new business sales with a focus on B2C consumer products and/or services
- Partner with Growth Strategy Director, Group Strategy Director and Owners on company and brand growth strategies
- Target strategic potential customers and establish connections, from strategic cold calling to inbound warm leads
- Research target customers (company, people, and resources) to uncover partnership opportunities
- Promote MarketPlace on social channels with focus on LinkedIn
- Promote MarketPlace marketing and media promotions, leveraging opportunities for engagement
- LinkedIn 1-to-1 outreach and engagement
- Qualify inbound leads for fit (services, financial, mission, opportunity/risk, etc.)
- Convert potential customers to active customers
- Contribute to development and delivery of MarketPlace Capabilities Presentation
- Contribute to development and delivery of MarketPlace Brand and Agency Budget Plans
- Contribute to development of MarketPlace Statement of Work proposals for new projects
- Onboard new customers in cooperation with the Brand Strategy and Agency Teams
- Network on behalf of MarketPlace in-person and via digital platforms, including LinkedIn
- Visit with customers via Teams/Zoom and in-person (when appropriate)
- Attend and participate in industry events, conferences, meetings, and trade shows to attract new and grow existing customer base
- Travel estimate pre-COVID = 20%
- Own customer revenue and new business opportunity pipelines
- Own and manage leads and customer CRM
- Consult with Leadership team and Strategy team on market pricing
- Coordinate development of, and implement, sales best practices and policies/procedures with Leadership Team and Director of Operational Services & HR
- Contribute to Operational policies, procedures, and systems that impact new business and sales
- Manage and track new customer documentation (agreements, etc.)
- Coordinate customer legal documentation with Director of Service Operations & HR and/or outside legal counsel
Customer Growth Planning and Strategy
- Consult, as requested, with Brand Strategy and Agency Teams to develop current customer growth strategies and plans, including KPIs
- Suggest strategic MarketPlace ideas and services to minimize or eliminate pain points and elevate opportunities, resulting in new business growth
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of 10 years of business development or sales experience for a professional services company or creative agency
- Proven networking success, including LinkedIn proficiency
- Proven sales/growth success with multiple case studies to share
- Experience in partnering with internal teams to move initiatives to completion and success
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, with special focus on presentation generation
- Thrives in fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or related field
- Candidates must have experience working for a professional services company or creative agency to be considered. Preference will be given to those with an existing network of CPG-focused relationships.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relocation. No third-party candidates.