MarketPlace is a branding strategy and activation company focused on the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal and Health + Wellness industries. MarketPlace seeks an experienced, finance\accounting professional that can bring strong financial management and analytical skills to our organization. The Accounting Manager has complete responsibility for all accounting and finance matters with an emphasis on financial reporting, accounting reconciliation, billing management and accounting systems. They will handle month-end closings, budget prep, financial forecasts, and consolidations; provide advice through the study of accounting and financial data; meet corporate reporting requirements; and manage third party vendors.
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of talented, conscientious high achievers who help B2B and B2C companies in the Food + Beverage, Pet + Animal, and Health + Wellness industries create better brands for healthier, happier people and pets by launching new products, new businesses, and new or revitalized brands with full-service business strategy and creative capabilities.
A Bit About You
We need someone with a minimum of seven years of professional experience, familiar with project accounting in a service environment, and an advocate for the company in matters that can have a financial impact on profitability (change orders, scope creep, account expenses, etc.). In addition, you have demonstrated success in a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Takes on ownership and management of financial, accounting, and expense related systems and works to identify efficiencies in their use.
- Responsible for accounting GL system in a services environment and familiar with project accounting processes.
- Handle all accounting functions for various reconciliations and month/year closes.
- Coordinate with internal staff and outside customer contacts on billing / invoicing requirements and status.
- Billing accountability to include client invoicing, reporting, tracking, reconciliation against budget and pipeline.
- Proper application and tracking of client payments in the accounting system up through confirmation of deposit.
- Coordinate filing, reporting, and processing activity with 3rd party resources: CFO consultant, accounting firm, payroll provider, bank, and 401(k) administrator.
- Assemble and maintain annual budget with principals based on established goals.
- Reviews offerings and and analyzes with project teams to discern profitability and efficiency of meeting margin.
- Actively works to continuously improve accounting processes and controls.
- Update, maintain and process staff payroll information in 3rd party payroll system.
- Oversight of office vendor relationship and services management (cleaning, recycling, maintenance).
- Management of the corporate insurance policies and accounts – coordination, documentation, review for umbrella insurance, worker’s compensation, healthcare, etc.
- Coordinate & maintain company business registrations (city, state, federal filings, licenses, etc.).
- Strong accounting expertise (billing, payments, documentation, etc.).
- Methodical in approach, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Development of standards and managing process implementation and adherence.
- Ability to review and analyze data and recognize trends or errors.
- Identify and pursue issues to a favorable resolution.
- Current with latest versions of software platforms (Teams, Office 365, etc.) and utilization.
- Proficiency with advanced accounting and financial software systems.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Experience with Workamajig or other project accounting system is preferred.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and collaborative.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- 7 years of accounting experience – professional services agency experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or similar degree and requisite experience.
This position is crucial to our success at MarketPlace. You’ll be spending the majority of your time in the accounting ecosystem making sure that daily/monthly/annual processes are completed timely, effectively, and according to GAAP. You will also spend some time supporting our teams by reviewing and analyzing financial data on our client accounts to keep the company in line to meet revenue targets and profitability goals. You’ll be counted on to think critically and find ways to continuously improve the department processes and procedures. This is so much more than just a bookkeeping position.
Hopefully working with and around food is benefit enough, but we add, like gravy, the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office pups (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please have a look around our website and make sure that we’re a good fit for you, which is obviously pretty important. If you like what you see there and in the job posting, use the link above to apply.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relocation. No third-party candidates.